China’s most prestigious vintage car showcase and a high point of the social season in Shanghai, Bund Classic was held from Friday 16th October to Sunday 18th October at the beautiful WaitanYuan Villa by the Bund. For three days, Classic cars refurbished after many years were showcased, bringing together the timelessness of great craftsmanship, world heritage, elegance and future thinking, while some of the most prestigious lifestyle brand organized onsite activities and presented their latest collections to guests.
2015 BUND CLASSIC
- 35 classic cars and super cars
- 15 cars in the parade
- 13 cars in the Concours d’Elegance
- 50 media partners
- Over 50 exhibitors and sponsors
The Ultimate Lifestyle Experience
- A VIP opening cocktail with Taittinger Champagne, Cognac by Cognac Park and Bordeaux fine wines and food gathered over 1000 VIP guests on opening night. The Asia-Pacific CEOs of Vacheron Constantin and Bonhams opened the ceremony along with China Rendez-Vous founder and CEO Delphine Lignieres
- A 300 guest black tie Gala Dinner was held on Saturday 17th October at Queensgate Villa in Shanghai. The crème of Shanghai’s social scene attended the highly sought-after 4 course dinner sponsored by Bordeaux, Vacheron Constantin, Monte Carlo Yachts, Bonhams and Morgan Cars
- On Sunday, China Rendez-Vous organized BUND CLASSIC’s first Chic picnic on the lawn of Waitanyuan – under the Indian Summer sun, the city’s most beautiful ladies wearing elegant hats celebrated the annual Concours d’Elegance in style, with a picnic basket sponsored by Bordeaux, le Bordelais and Field’s.
- 35 classic cars and supercars were showcased throughout the venue. Classic cars in perfect form, some 100 years old, mingled with the best of tomorrow’s supercars and luxury automobiles by Pagani Automobili, Ferrari, Morgan Cars.
- On Saturday 17th October, a selection of vintage cars had their catwalk moment in an exclusive parade on the Bund, an exciting, original and not-to-be missed moment!
- The Annual Concours d’Elegance, the contest to elect the best of the classic cars, comprised of 13 eligible cars all eligible. For the first time at BUND CLASSIC, all the cars entered in the Concours were owned by Chinese Collectors, which proves how fast the classic car community is growing in China.
The judges of BUND CLASSIC, led by Ms. Sandra Button, the President of Pebble Beach, the world’s most important classic car show, gathered on Sunday morning to evaluate the cars of the Concours based on international criteria, and deliberate before carefully selecting the best of each category.
BUND CLASSIC 2015 Judges
- Mike Simpson, Founder of Simpson Yacht
- Adolfo Orsi, Chairman of Historica Select
- Derek Drummond Bonzom, Former chairman of FIVA
- Martin Button，Judge of Pebble Beach
- Sandra Button, Chairman of Pebble Beach
- Ma Qinghua, the former F1 Driver in China
- LiuTao, the curator of Shanghai Auto Museum
- James Knight, Group Director of Bonhams Motoring Department
- Horacio Pagani, Founder of Pagani Automobili
- Yann Debelle de Monteby, Collector of classic cars
- YuanXi, Chairman of the Hong Kong classic car club
- Eli Solomon，Publisher of Rewind Magazine
During the awards ceremony watched by over 1000 guests, the judges voted for the most beautiful classic cars. Mr. Jason Huang, of SANHE took home the most prestigious award of the show.
Best elegant pre war: 1939 BMW 321, owned by Jason Huang
Best elegant post war: 1958 Jaguar MK VIII, owned by Ken Wu
People’s choice award: 1940 Cadillac Series 75, owned by Han Bao Shuang
Best of Engineering: 1932 MG J2, owned by Jason Huang
Best Race Car: 1985 Audi Quatto Sport，owned by Rupert Hoogewerth (Hurun Report)
Chairman award: 1956 Wolseley 15/50, owned by Jin Bian
Best of Show: 1913 Cadillac Model 30, owned by Jason Huang
Brands, sales and high-end activities
Some of the most prestigious luxury brands showcased their latest models to Bund Classic’s VIPs: Vacheron Constantin, Monte Carlo Yachts, Christofle, Taiping, Ferrari, Morgan Cars and more.The Bonhams Shanghai Autumn Auctions preview, showcasing Chinese paintings and works of art, fine prints, jewelry and watches attracted hundreds of potential buyers throughout the weekend.
BUND CLASSIC also organized the first Family Business Forum, focused on Heritage investments and transforming Family Businesses: Bonhams experts, Fusion Family Office, Fosun Capital, Ernst & Young and more were among the esteemed speakers for the first edition of the conferences, gathering close to 80 highly targeted guests on Saturday afternoon, to discuss wealth management and investment opportunities.
This year’s BUND CLASSIC was the most successful yet, succeeding in firmly setting the event as the highlight of Shanghai’s fall calendar. Brands and car owners are already clamoring for next year’s event, which we promise will be even more magnificent!